We live in an era where stress and challenges are part of our lives because of the tight working schedule that we are all bound to.
But have you ever wondered what harm this stress-tight working schedule and unhealthy Lifestyle cause to your body?
Well, we all have gone through hair loss and added some phrases to our lives, and the main reason behind this problem is an unhealthy lifestyle, an unbalanced diet, and the stress that we keep giving to our brains
To get rid of this, we go for several expensive treatments that are chemical-based and ultimately harm your scalp, and the hair loss problem continues.
In this blog, we will be talking about 10 major tips that you can follow to prevent hair loss. These tips will help you save your hair and keep it healthy.
Understand the Causes of Hair Loss
Before concentrating on the solution, we must understand the problem. We must understand what hair loss is. Hair loss can be caused by several issues, which can be genetic or due to some chronic diseases, but the most common one is stress.
Genes play a very measured role in hair loss, as hormones are mainly governed by them. If your family has a history of hair loss issues, then it is most probable that you will also go through the same thing because this influences the hormones in the hair follicles present inside your body.
There are several reasons iron deficiency Anemia, autoimmune disorders, wrong hair care, injuries, avitaminosis, and chronic illness issues are also involved in hair loss, such as alopecia areata, which is an autoimmune disorder in which there is sudden hair loss in patches, and we generally confuse these symptoms by taking them very lightly. Apart from this, anemia also leads to the thinning of hair follicles, which results in hair fall.
Now coming to the third one and the most common one, which is due to stress, both physical and emotional stress can be factors in hair loss.
When your body is under stress, it temporarily reverses the entire hair growth process into a hair shedding process, which results in high hair loss problems. This type of hair loss is also known as telogen effluvium. And it generally occurs after a stressful or emotional event occurs in one’s life.
Now you must have seen different types of hair loss, and we generally categorize these into two types: permanent and temporary hair loss.
Temporary Hair Loss
In Temporary hair loss, as we have mentioned above, conditions like telogen effluvium exist. After the person recovers from that stressful environment, the hair follicles nourish themselves and get back to their original growth rate.
Permanent Hair Loss
In permanent hair loss, the damage is so severe that it cannot be reversed, and even the scalp tissue is damaged. And due to this, you also start noticing certain patches of baldness. Cicatricial alopecia is one such condition.
Top 10 Tips to prevent hair loss
Above, we have discussed what could be the major reasons for hair loss, and below, we will be discussing 10 tips on how to prevent hair loss just by making small changes to your day-to-day routine.
- Balanced Diet: A healthy, balanced diet is very important for the proper growth of hair, as it makes sure that the roots and the scalp are getting proper vitamins, minerals, and protein through vegetables, fruits, and grains.
- Protein Intake: Hair follicles are made up of protein; therefore, it becomes very important to keep an eye on proper protein intake. You can include some high protein sources in your diet, such as fish, eggs, and lean meat, which are known for their best hair as well as their overall health benefits.
- Scalp care: The scalp works as the foundation of hair roots, and due to this, the entire health of your hair grows and makes it look stronger and shinier. Therefore, it is always recommended to use shampoo that is made up of natural ingredients and is not highly concentrated with chemicals.
- Avoid excessive heat: We normally use several heating appliances but forget to protect our hair from excessive heat, which damages the hair as well as its outer coating. Therefore, it is always recommended to use hair protectants before applying these heat appliances.
- Hydration: Hydration plays an important role in the development of the scalp and its roots; therefore, you need to drink plenty of water to get a better and healthier scalp.
- Stress Management: This is the main root cause of hair fall and can also lead to several chronic diseases. Therefore, it is important to massage with gentle hands and also do some yoga and meditation for proper management.
- Natural Remedies: Apart from using harmful chemicals, you must also look towards natural ingredients such as coconut oil, sesame oil, and several others that have been used traditionally by our ancestors for better and healthier hair growth.
- Gentle handling: Our hairs are very delicate and therefore need to be handled very gently while massaging or oiling the scalp so that you do not hamper the roots, due to which hair loss can be triggered.
- Regular scalp checkups: You must keep visiting your Dermatologist regularly to get your scalp and hair roots checked so that any early signs of disease can be prevented before it gets too serious. This generally happens because we keep ignoring the early signs and symptoms, considering them normal hair loss issues.
- Oiling the roots: This is again one of the very important and traditional ways of keeping your scalp as well as your hair roots strong and healthy. But while massaging, you need to keep in mind to do this with gentle hands rather than getting harsh, because this will affect the entire root system.
What are the Lifestyle Changes for Hair Loss Prevention?
Having a slide change in a day-to-day lifestyle and also in eating habits that will include all the healthy sources are the key factors that affect hair loss and hair growth on the entire scalp.
This also includes adding a good amount of protein to your diet by adding a good amount of fish, meat, and eggs. On the plant side, for protein, you can go for tofu, quinoa, and nuts. These are plant-based sources of proteins.
When it comes to biotin, it has a very crucial role to play in the hair growth process, and the best part is that it is easy to inculcate biotin into your diet.
Nuts such as Almonds and Walnuts not only give biotin to your body but also have a good amount of healthy fat to nourish your scalp and hair follicles.
You can also go for a Mediterranean diet, as these are completely composed of vegetable-source proteins, vitamins, and minerals, which include several fruits and vegetables, as well as whole grains, which are highly rich in fiber and have several health benefits.
This diet also provides antioxidants, which help enhance scalp health. They are also rich in anti-inflammatory properties.
Medical Treatments and Remedies for Hair Loss
There are several treatments and medications that people go through to get rid of hair loss problems, which may be due to several reasons that we have already discussed above.
One of the most renowned treatments for hair loss is minoxidil, which is done using a foam or gel. It is safe and approved by the FDA, and it has shown results in mostly females who have severe hair loss issues.
Finasteride is an oral medication that can help regrow hair and prevent further hair loss in men. It is a prescription medication.
There are also some natural remedies that help prevent hair loss or promote hair growth. These include:
- Biotin is an A-B vitamin that is crucial for hair health.
- Nettle leaf extract is a plant extract that has been shown to promote hair growth.
- Saw palmetto is a plant extract that has been demonstrated to inhibit the effects of DHT, a hormone that can be a contributing factor to hair loss
- Nettle leaf extract is a plant extract that has demonstrated the capacity to promote hair growth.
There are several other treatments as well that doctors recommend as per your health and problem demands, so it is advised to consult a doctor before jumping into any treatment or conclusion by yourself.
It is very important to understand that the road to healthy hair goes through a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet, which most of us neglect. It is also important to avoid all the chemical-based products that we regularly put on our scalp.
These end up harming the entire hair’s health, which leads to hair loss and, in the worst cases, can also lead to severe chronic diseases.
Therefore, you must keep the above-discussed factors in mind while taking care of your scalp and hair so that you can have the strongest and healthiest hair in your circle.