Science has been a challenge for most of the students in school. And, with more recent developments in the field, the subject is becoming more challenging and difficult to understand.
Students nowadays face a lot of difficulties in understanding the scientific concepts and topics in the subject. Moreover, many teachers just add salt to the wounds of children, i.e., they don’t teach in a way that students can properly understand.
Teachers generally prefer traditional methods of instruction over more innovative approaches.
Students nowadays need a realistic and practical approach to get the concepts clear in their minds. However, many schools lack this approach.
Mel Science is here to provide this approach and make science easy and fun for students. The company offers subscriptions through which students get month-by-month experiments in physics and chemistry. This makes the learning experience fun and enriching.
Mel Science: The Overview of Brand
Mel Science is a London-based startup founded in 2014. The company offers fun and engaging experiments in physics to students.
The company was founded by Vasily Filippov, who used to create science experiments for his children at home.
He used real glass equipment, original ingredients, and necessary tools to conduct the experiments at home with his kids. His main motive behind this was to make science fun, innovative, and lovable for his children.
Later, he realized that if he could do this for his own children, why couldn’t he do it for children around the world?
He worked on this idea and created a bundle with various real science experiments, projects, and instruction guides for children around the world.
The Mel Science team consists of highly qualified professionals who have recognized degrees and accolades in various scientific areas like chemistry, physics, and mathematics.
Recently, the brand also introduced VR and AR technology, which can further enhance the way children learn science.
The brand has received various awards for its innovative ideas and startup. Some of them are:
- BETT 2020 – Innovator of the year.
- The EdTech Awards 2020 – Best VR/AR solution
- The VR Awards 2020 – VR Education and training of the year
- HICOOL 2020 – 2nd prize
The brand has also appeared in various science-related media publications like Science, Chemistry World, c&en, TheGuardian, Forbes, Wired, WSJ, and many more.
Talking about the social media presence of the brand, it has more than 453K followers on Instagram, more than 1.6 million followers on Facebook, and more than 107K subscribers on Youtube.
Detailed Information about Mel Science (Overview)
Mel Science specializes in providing fun, innovative, and engaging real science experiments for students in the age range of 8–16 years.
It offers a subscription where children get a science kit delivered to their home that consists of real glass equipment, quality ingredients, guidelines, and instructions for parents.
With this, children get a full-fledged kit through which they can perform engaging and fun experiments at home.
To be specific, the company provides real science experiments for subjects like physics and chemistry, live sessions and tutoring by real teachers, and VR and AR technology for a further enhanced learning experience.
The company has made the best use of technology in the educational sector. The subscriptions offered by Mel Science start at a price of $20.99 per month. Let us now consider some of the brand’s advantages and disadvantages.
- A variety of courses make science fun for children.
- The company uses high-technology courses using VR/AR sessions.
- Children get monthly kits for science experiments.
- Children also get live sessions and tutoring from real teachers.
- It is an award-winning program which makes it trustworthy and reliable.
- It offers free shipping in most places.
- Inclusion of real setup equipment and quality ingredients
- Subscriptions offered by Mel Science are quite expensive.
- There is no option to buy individual kits and the customers have to strictly go for a subscription.
- Some small equipment and ingredients might be dangerous for young children.
Mel Science: What are the varieties of Products the Brand offers?
Presently, Mel Science only offers subscriptions for its courses. Customers cannot buy individual kits for the experiments.
As a part of the subscription, you get kits for the experiments of specific courses, high-quality equipment and ingredients, and instructions.
With higher subscription packs, customers may also get a VR headset, live sessions from teachers, access to webinars, etc.
Customers have to choose their desired set from three options: STEM, Physics, and Chemistry. However, they can also subscribe to courses across sets.
Let us now review these three sets of courses offered by Mel Science.
Mel Science Physics Course Review
One of the most popular courses offered by Mel Science, which is often preferred by customers, is the Physics Course. Many children often face problems understanding the concepts of physics.
But with this subscription to Mel Science, children get a fun way to experience this wonderful course. Each of the kits consists of parts that can be combined to form devices and structures, and children can see their work.
Through this, the children can view a real-life application of concepts. Physics courses are best suited for children in the age range of 8–14. The main features of this course are:
- The course provides experiments for various topics of Physics like Lenses, Magnetic Levitation, Vacuum, Aerodynamics, Electric motors, Reflection, Alternative Energy, and many more.
- The subscription also gives access to live sessions and tutoring on Mel Science’s app to students.
- Every month your Physics kit is delivered to your doorstep.
- High-priced subscriptions also give access to VR lessons which is a game-changer in the learning experience of children.
Pricing – The subscription for the Physics course starts at a price of $26/month. However, you can also choose from high-priced subscriptions for better facilities.
Mel Science Chemistry Course Review
Chemistry is one of those subjects that is a nightmare for students. Many students face difficulties understanding the concepts, experiments, and reactions.
If your child is one of them, Mel Science’s Chemistry course is designed specifically for him or her.
The subscription offers glass equipment like a beaker, rod, and funnel; various chemicals; and an experiment guide. With this pack, students can practice the chemistry experiments in real life, which in turn will help them grasp the concepts in a much better way.
The courses are best suited for children in the age range of 10–16. The main features of the course are:
- Children get monthly kits on topics such as colorful chemistry, crystals, oxygen, thermal effects, diffusion, chemical compounds, and many more.
- Premium quality chemical equipment like glass beakers, solid fuel burners, safety glasses, flasks, macro lenses, etc. is available in the kit.
- The course consists of more than 20 kits with each kit consisting of 2-3 experiments, which are delivered to your doorstep.
- With particular subscriptions, children can even use VR headsets to view various concepts in detail like molecules, atoms, and their composition.
Pricing: The subscription for the Chemistry course starts at a price of $26 per month. However, you can also choose from high-priced subscriptions for better facilities.
Mel Science Stem Course Review
The acronym STEM stands for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Recently, this course has gained a lot of popularity.
However, just like the other two sets of courses, students often struggle with these concepts.
Since it consists of topics from different fields, it becomes trickier for the students. Mel Science’s subscription related to STEM helps students grasp these concepts in a better way and help them get an edge over their friends.
It should be noted that the set is designed mostly for younger children. It is best suited for children aged 5 to 9 years. Some of the features of this set are:
- The main concepts taught under this set are Codebreaking, Art Lab, Gyroscope, Printing Press, Microscope, Hydraulic Lift, Sound Waves, and many more similar concepts.
- A subscription gives you access to live sessions and tutoring for various topics on the brand’s app.
- Just like the other two sets, you can get a VR headset for enhanced learning r with high-priced subscriptions.
- Children have to make structures and machines with the given inputs and see their work to have a better understanding of the concepts.
- Each kit consists of 1 project and is delivered to your doorstep.
Pricing: The subscription for the STEM course starts at a price of $26 per month. However, you can also choose from high-priced subscriptions for better facilities.
For Whom Is MEL Science Meant?
Children between the ages of 8 and 16 are Mel Science’s main target demographic. The courses are best suited for children in this age group because they help form a foundation for their future studies.
However, many times it is observed that even adults enjoy performing Mel Science’s experiments. Moreover, the VR sessions available with the subscription can be used by any age group of people.
You can get a Mel Science in the following situations:
- Your child has an interest in Science.
- You want to make science interesting and fun for your child.
- You are a teacher and want to depict experiments to your students.
How to Order/Buy/subscribe Mel Science?
We are pretty sure that by now you might be excited to subscribe to Mel Science’s courses and enhance your child’s way of learning. By following the below steps, you can avail your own Mel Science subscription for your children:
- Visit the Website – First of all, you will have to visit the company’s website (https://melscience.com/US-en/). Now, you will have to make your account on the website which will allow you to place your order.
- Shift to Courses Tab – Now, you may shift to the ‘Courses’ tab from options at the top-right corner of the website. You will be displayed various courses which Mel Science offers.
- Select your desired course – From the given options (Physics, Chemistry, STEM, Profession and Med), you can select the one which best suits your requirements. However, you can also choose multiple sets as well.
- Review the details – Next, you will be shown details about the selected course like the types of kits available, monthly kits, monthly prices, components, benefits, etc. You may review these details thoroughly and move ahead to subscription if you feel the course is satisfactory.
- Make the subscription fee – Lastly, you will have to fill in the details of your child like email, name, age, address, course, etc. Now, you can make the payment for the subscription and your subscription will be activated. Your child will get access to live sessions and tutoring via the app and will receive monthly experiment kits.
Mel Science Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
The brand is reviewed by more than 500 customers on TrustPilot and enjoys a great rating of 4.4 stars out of 5 on the said website. It is important to note that a majority of these reviews are positive ones from parents who consider Mel Science’s courses to be helpful, trustworthy, and reliable. Let us have a look at a few of the customer reviews.
“My kids love the MEL Science Chemistry kits. I was very impressed by the quality of the materials provided, as well as the instructions and explanations that accompany each kit. Everything about it looks and feels like real chemistry – the kind done in high schools and universities but at a level that younger kids can participate in and understand. The experiments are highly engaging and fun as well as very safe. I would recommend it to any science enthusiast or anyone curious about the cool world of chemistry!”Sophy Kurian (rated 5 stars)
“MEL Science provides high-quality kits that are easy to follow and fun for both parents and kids. I originally subscribed to supplement homeschooling and found them perfect for that need. I have found each one fascinating. These are easy to use, require very little prep or clean up, and the company provides extensive support. These kits are an extremely good value for the price.”Jacqueline Aubuchon (rated 5 stars)
“My eldest did Mel Kids from 7y through 9y and looked forward to receiving the kit every month. We home school, and I found the lessons a good base on which to explore science concepts together. Seriously recommend doing at least the lesson booklets together with your child. Online lessons are also enjoyable and informative.”Luke Dunn (rated 5 stars)
My one criticism is that the parts that make up the kit are occasionally fragile. Usually, they’re pretty robust so it’s not a regular issue, but once we had a broken valve (easy to pick up replacement) and once the force needed for assembly resulted in a broken plastic plate. The kits in both cases were still useable, and overall we thoroughly enjoyed the kits.
However, there are certain negative reviews as well, but they account only for a minority of the total reviews. Customers have complained about the courses being expensive, poor customer service, and similar other concerns.
But the majority of the reviews claim the courses to be good and enriching. You can check more reviews here.
Mel Science Worth It?
With this review, we can safely say that Mel Science’s science courses are completely worth it. The courses provide a game-changing perspective about science to your kids. This, in turn, makes the subject fun, interesting, engaging, and lovable for children.
The hands-on experiments spawned in the kit give a practical and realistic approach to science which makes science more understandable for children. Moreover, you get premium quality products in the kit.
Infusion of technology in education like VR sessions gives your child an edge over other children.
Though the prices for the subscriptions are a little too high, the kind of services offered by the company completely compensates for it.
In all, we can say that considering your child’s bright future, Mel Science is worth your money.
Our verdict on Mel Science
After reviewing Mel Science as a brand, its products and courses offered and the benefits to the children, our verdict on the company are very much clear.
We have a positive and a favorable verdict for the company and we highly recommend the brand to parents.
A large number of positive reviews and ratings from customers on the company’s website and other platforms act as a testimony to the trustworthiness and reliability of the brand.
With the help of Mel Science, your child will be able to enjoy a subject (Science) that he/she previously considered boring and difficult.
The practicality and demonstration which are required in a subject like science are delivered to your doorstep by the company.
Many parents have claimed that the kit includes premium quality tools, parts, and ingredients. Some parents also claim that they themselves enjoy performing experiments with their children.
Children also get explanations of various important topics through live sessions from professional teachers and tutoring for the same through the company’s app.
Moreover, if you subscribe to the kits which provide VR headsets and sessions, it will give a further holistic approach to your child’s learning.
With all the features, facilities, and benefits that Mel Science offers, we can assure you that its courses are very effective and efficient. Again, we highly recommend that you try Mel Science’s courses at least once.
Click on the button below to get the latest discounts and deals from Mel Science.
Click on the button below to get the latest discounts and deals from Mel Science.