We all believe in the quote “Good Food, Good Mood” and we often believe that “Good Food” is a result of good ingredients. But that’s not the only requirement for “Good Food“.
In order to treat your taste buds with some tasty food, chefs also need good, reliable and efficient cooking ware. Chefs often face problems like knives getting blunt, pans getting rusted, and other wear and tear of cookware.
In such a situation when you see some stained cookware, the motivation to wear the apron and cook some yummy food dies. In this scenario, Calphalon has arrived as a ‘Dream come True for the chefs.
The company offers long-lasting and aluminium-based cooking utensils which enhances the cooking experience of chefs. In this review, we will know about various aspects related to Calphalon.
Calphalon: The Overview of Brand
Calphalon is an Ohio-based company that specialises in offering long-lasting, sustainable and premium-quality cookware, bakeware, cutlery and various appliances which promote happy cooking for home chefs.
The company’s main purpose is to offer such products which can improve the cooking experience for chefs. It aims at providing the best quality pots and pans which help you to create memorable meals.
It was founded by Ronald M. Kasperzak in 1963. The company originally operated under the name of Commercial Aluminium Cookware and supplied its product only to restaurants and other food services.
Later in 1968, Kasperzak invented hard-anodized cookware taking inspiration from the aerospace industry. The material makes cooking products more durable and reliable for use. Kasperzak named the cookware made using these products Calphalon.
The products were popularized among the masses at a very high pace and by the 1990s their use was not limited just to restaurants but to home chefs as well. In 1992, Kasperzak changed the name of the company from Commercial Aluminum Cookware to Calphalon.
Talking about the company’s social media presence, it has more than 30K followers on Instagram and more than 81K followers on Facebook
Detailed Information About Calphalon (Overview)
Calphalon originally started as a brand offering cookware products, but now with around 6 decades of operations, the brand has expanded its product range to bakeware, cutlery and various kitchen and cooking appliances.
The main feature which distinguishes Calphalon’s products from products of other brands is that its products are long-lasting, sustainable, and durable.
The hard-anodized material used relieves you of the pain of buying new kitchenware from time to time.
Apart from a variety of kitchenware, customers also get a lot of options to choose the material of the products according to their requirements – hard-anodized, non-stick, oil-infused, pre-seasoned, stainless steel, ceramic, etc. Additionally, the products are available in various sizes to satisfy the needs of all customers.
Pricing – The price of the products varies from product to product based on size, material, number of products, etc. However, the products are very reasonably priced considering the quality of the products.
Let us now have a look at a few Pros and Cons of Calphalon.
- You get a limited 10-year warranty with products that make them reliable and trustworthy.
- The products are highly durable, long-lasting and sustainable. The products are resistant to bending, rusting and cracking.
- The products are eco-friendly in nature as it avoids the release of toxic fumes while cooking.
- The handles to cooking ware have silicon grip which makes grabbing of products easy even at high temperatures.
- The products can also be used in the oven.
- The product lids made of tempered glass help you to keep a check on your food.
- The cookware cannot be used over induction stoves.
- Delivery of certain products may take a long time.
- You cannot use metal utensils due to safety concerns. Only wooden and nylon utensils are advisable for serving and stirring the food.
- The cookware is not dishwasher-safe. Hence, the products need to be cleaned only using the hands
Calphalon: What are the Variety of Cookware the Brand Offer?
As mentioned earlier, Calphalon products come with a wide variety of products to choose from – cookware, bakeware, cutlery or cooking appliances. In fact, you get a choice of size and material of products.
Calphalon allows its customers to buy individual products and combos of various products.
The customers can make decisions based on their needs. From a large number of products offered by Calphalon, we will discuss a few of the most popular products of Calphalon.
In order to make the approach holistic, we have included various features and pricing of each of the products being discussed.
Simply Calphalon Hard-Anodized Nonstick 10-Piece Cookware Set – Review
This combo is perfect for everyday cooking. The products included in this combo make most of the cooking tasks possible be it steaming rice, making an omelette, making sauces, heating soups and many more.
The combo is rated 4 stars on the company’s website. The combo includes the following products:
- One 8-inch Fry Pan.
- One 10-inch Fry Pan.
- One 1-quart Saucepan with cover.
- One 2-quart Saucepan with cover.
- One 3-quart Saute Pan with cover.
- One 6-quart Stock Pot with cover.
The main features of this set are:
- The products are made of hard-anodized aluminium which makes them durable, corrosion-resistant and facilitates even heating of food.
- The food you are cooking does not stick to the pan since the products are PFOA-free and have 2-layer non-stick interiors.
- All the products in the combo have silicone handles that do not heat up quickly and make grabbing them easy and convenient.
- The lids of the pans are made of tempered glass which helps you to keep a check on your food.
- The pans are oven-safe and can bear a temperature of as high as 400°F.
- You get a limited 10-year warranty with the combo.
Pricing – The combo is available on the company’s website at a price of $249.99.
Calphalon Classic Hard-Anodized Nonstick 5-Quart Saute Pan with Cover
This is another popular product offered by Calphalon. The pan is designed in such a way as to allow you to cook food daily with full versatility and durability.
The hard-anodized aluminium used makes the pan durable, long-lasting and facilitates even heating. At the same time, the pan is corrosion, bending and warping resistant.
Moreover, the non-stick interiors help in easy cooking and make cleaning the pan very easy. The pan is rated 3.7 stars on the company’s website.
Some other features of the product are as follows:
- It has stainless steel handles that do not easily heat up on the stovetop.
- The pan is oven-safe and can bear a temperature upto 450°F.
- You get a lifetime warranty on the pan from the company.
- The pan is provided with a glass-tempered lid.
- The pan is PFOA-free which makes it eco-friendly.
Pricing – The pan is available on Calphalon’s website at a price of $79.99.
Calphalon Classic™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick 10-Piece Cookware Set with No-Boil-Over Inserts
Spilling soup, gravy, water, milk out of the cooking pen are a pain for most chefs. Hence, chefs have to continuously keep an eye on the pan to avoid such troubles.
Now, Calphalon has made it quite easier. It offers No-boil-over inserts to prevent the spilling of food out of the pan. Also, the products are made of hard-anodized aluminium which makes them durable and facilitates even heating.
Moreover, the pans are nonstick in nature which makes cooking and cleaning easier and more convenient. The combo is rated 4.5 stars on the company’s website. In this combo, you get the following products:
- One 8-inch Fry Pan.
- One 10-inch Fry Pan.
- One 2.5-quart Sauce Pan with Cover + No-Boil-Over Insert.
- One 3-quart Sauté Pan with Cover.
- One 6-quart Stock Pot with Cover + No-Boil-Over Insert
The main features of the combo are:
- The cookware is corrosion and warping resistant.
- The pans can be used in the oven upto a temperature of 450°F.
- The pans also have measuring marks, straining covers and pour spouts which further improves your efficiency of cooking.
- Stainless steel handles and glass-tempered lids for assisting in the cooking process.
- You can avoid spilling food that messes your kitchen by using No-boil-over inserts which come with the combo.
- You get a lifetime warranty for the products of the combo.
Pricing – This combo is available on the company’s website at a price of $239.99.
Calphalon Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron 10-Inch x 18-Inch Grill and Griddle
When you have a craving for steak, cornbread, frittatas or similar other food, all you need is a griddle that can heat evenly and retain the heat for a long period. Well, Calphalon is here to fulfil this need of yours.
Calphalon offers a grill/griddle made of cast iron which makes it durable, facilitates even heating and at the same time, allows it to retain the heat for a longer period.
The product is rated 4.3 stars on the company’s website. Some other features of the product are:
- The griddle is pre-seasoned which prevents the sticking of food and makes cleaning easier.
- It has long and oversized handles which ensures that you do not come in contact with a heated pan.
- The product can be used on a gas stove, induction stoves, electric stoves, in the oven and even in broilers.
- The product comes with a lifetime warranty from Calphalon.
- The griddle is reversible.
Pricing – The grill/griddle is available on Calphalon’s website at a price of $42.99.
Calphalon can be used in the oven?
Most of us tend to buy cookware that can be used both on the stovetop as well as in the oven. The ability of the cookware to sustain both stovetop and oven has become a basic requirement.
So now the question arises whether Calphalon’s products can be used in the oven or not? The answer is Yes, all the products of Calphalon can be safely used in the oven.
However, the temperature that the products can bear varies from product to product. Most of Calphalon’s products are capable of bearing an oven temperature in the range of 400°F to 450°F.
It should be noted that the majority of Calphalon’s products, though oven-safe, cannot be used in broilers and over induction stoves
How to Order/Buy Calphalon?
By now, we can be sure that you might be excited to get your own Calphalon products and have a better cooking experience. If such is the case, the below steps will help you to order your required products from Calphalon‘s website.
- Visit the Website – First of all, you will have to visit the brand’s website (https://www.calphalon.com/). Once you are on the website, you will be shown various categories of products like cookware, appliances, bakeware, cutlery and kitchen tools.
- Choose your desired category – Now, you will have to select the category of the products you want to buy. Once you click on the desired category, you will be shown a list of products in that category with different sizes and materials.
- Select hour Product – Next, you will have to browse the provided list and select the product, its size and the material that you want to buy. You can also use the ‘Search’ option available on the website to search for specific products.
- Review the details – Once you have selected your desired product(s), you may check all the important details about the products like its features, specifications, price, inclusions, warranty, etc. You need to ensure whether the product fits your requirements or not. If you find the product satisfactory, you may move to make payment.
- Fill in details and make payment – Lastly, you need to provide the required details like name, email, contact, address, and some other details. After providing these details, you will have to make the payment and it’s done. You will receive your order within the specified time.
Calphalon Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
Calphalon’s products are reviewed by thousands of customers on Amazon. In fact, the majority of the products and combos are rated above 4 stars on Amazon. The reviews claim the products to be reliable, genuine and trustworthy. Let us have a look at a few reviews of the products on Amazon.
- Serena (rated 5 stars) – “These truly do cut down on the space that pans normally take up. They work wonderfully. I initially received a set with damaged pans, which from the looks of it were from shipping and not defects. They sent a replacement set out immediately and they were in perfect condition. I have already recommended this set to friends and family and don’t have any complaints about the quality at all. As I said, they are well worth the price!”
- Geoffrey Steever (rated 5 stars) – “Such a complete set and exceeded my expectations. The pots, pans and glass tops are constructed of high-quality materials and are solid! The weight of each item is significant, but not in a bad way. Really love how they feel in your hand while cooking. Aside from their great appearance and space-saving design, they perform very well on my gas range. They conduct heat evenly and this is the best set of cookware I’ve owned. I previously bought Circulon sets from Costco for $300 every two years. I hope this investment and satisfaction will continue for years…so far I highly recommend these.”
- Larry Cash (rated 5 stars) – “The pans are very sturdy. The non-stick surface is very easy to clean. When stored in cabinets they really do take up much less space and they appear very orderly and tidy in the cabinet. It is very easy to select the pan I am looking for among the pans stored in the cabinets. All in all very pleased.”
Though there are certain negative reviews about Calphalon’s products as well, the majority of customer reviews claim it to be a good product.
Calphalon Cookware Worth It?
From the above analysis and review, we can safely say that Calphalon’s products are completely worth your money.
The hard-anodized aluminum used for the products makes them more durable and customers can use them for a longer period of time.
The customers get a wide variety of products as well as material of the products. It is kind of a one-stop solution for all your kitchen requirements.
The company cares about its customers and provides silicon or stainless steel handles which do not heat up easily and hence ensure that customers do not come in direct contact with heat.
The brand continuously strives to look for solutions to various problems which chefs face in the kitchen. Also, considering the quality, the prices charged are also very reasonable.
Moreover, the 10-year warranty and lifetime warranty for some products make the brand completely trustworthy and reliable.
Our Verdict on Calphalon Cookware
Our verdict on Calphalon’s products is a positive one. We believe that the company’s products are very efficient and effective for all sorts of kitchen tasks. Hence, we highly recommend Calphalon’s products to you.
The various customer reviews are proof of the excellent quality of products of the brand. The brand has also appeared in various media outlets relating to kitchenware like Food&Wine, Daily Beast, Southern Living, Consumer Reports, My Recipes, etc.
The company is like an all-in-one store for kitchenware. You can buy cookware, bakeware, cutlery, appliances, kitchen utensils, and everything you need. Customers even get options of different sizes and different materials for the products. Hence, you can choose your products as per your needs.
Moreover, new innovations from time to time and improving the quality of present goods keep the customers loyal and engaged. As mentioned earlier, the company also offers a warranty for its products which further helps to win customer loyalty.
A majority of the customers have claimed the products to be durable, customer-friendly, sustainable, efficient and very helpful. These reviews add to the trustworthiness and reliability of the brand’s products.
The company has been in operations for around 6 decades now and has a huge customer base. The above analysis and review make our verdict on the brand pretty clear. We recommend you to try Calphalon’s products at least once and we can assure you that Calphalon won’t disappoint you.