Unlike most of the brands we come across in our everyday lives, Lume (pronounced loo-mee) was invented by a doctor named Shannon Klingman.
The idea of Lume deodorant came to her when she was doing her residency to become an OB/GYN.
It was during that time that she noticed many women coming to the doctor complaining about the odor below the belt.
They were left with a false diagnosis of bacterial vaginosis, or BV, and were provided with a prescription for antibiotics, which they didn’t actually require. Shanon felt miserable for those misdiagnosed women.
It was for this reason that she was determined to invent her own brand of deodorant. Today, that brand is known as Lume.
Overview Of The Brand: Lume
Lume is a brand of outrageously effective full-body deodorants. We might have come across advertisements for different deodorant brands claiming that their fragrance is long-lasting.
The products of Lume, unlike those, are clinically proven to provide 72 hours of odor control on even the most sensitive skin. It is recommended by dermatologists and is the front-runner among natural deodorants.
Most deodorants work by hiding or covering up body odor. Instead, Lume works by stopping the bacteria that cause odor.
I personally have tried many natural deodorants. As I continue on my quest to find the best natural deodorant for me, I can’t skip over Lume.
In terms of what Lume doesn’t include, like leaving out potentially harmful ingredients like aluminum and sulfates, as well as common sensitive skin irritants like baking soda and essential oils, it’s in good company with the other natural deodorants I’ve tried.
But two things that set it apart from the others are that its formula has a creamy consistency and that it’s marketed as a product you can use for odor protection on any external part of your body.
What products does Lume offer?
There are various body-care and deodorant offers. There are also several flavors of wipes available on the website. Let’s look at some of them.
Lume deodorants Review
As compared to other deodorants on the market, this one is different and also available in different fragrances. The price for this product is $25.48, and one can avail themselves of it by placing an order. Now let us look at some of the key features of this product.
- The deodorant is aluminum free
- It doesn’t trap toxins in your skin
- Lume deodorant for private parts
- The ingredients used are skin safe and completely synthetic
- Lasts for up to 72 hours.
Lume Deodorant Reviews by Customers
“Hands down, this is the BEST natural deodorant I’ve ever used. It actually works! No rashes! No smell! It’s actually better than antiperspirants.”
“I have put a little here, there, and everywhere. It works. It is a fantastic product. I am very careful with what I put on my skin. It has not caused me to itch or feel irritated. It dries clear and does not leave residue.”
Lume Peony Rose Deodorant Review
This deodorant is priced at $29.99. Let us look at some of the key features of this deodorant
- It is completely aluminum free
- It doesn’t trap toxins in the skin hence making it safe to use
- Unlike other deodorants, there are lesser preservatives
- The deodorant is Peony Rose flavored hence making it perfect for summer use.
Lume Peony Rose Deodorant Reviews by Customers
“Very satisfied with the deodorant. Happy to have a solid as I do not care for gel or liquid. Works wonderful. Will buy again and have recommended to friends.”
“Was so impressive I ordered additional cream type. I am sensitive to fragrance so I purchased unscented and it is just that no flowery scent. I wish this had been around years ago I now will not use any other brand.”
Lume Body care
They have several options according to customers’ requirements in their body care section. lets look at some of them;
Lume Soap Review
Lume soap has some natural benefits in it, which makes it different from the other soaps present on the market. The price for this soap is $6.99, and one can avail themselves of this product by placing an order on their website.
Now let’s look at some of the key features of this product;
- The soap is scented using beneficial essential oils which makes it safe for using it over the face
- It is free from SLS( sodium lauryl sulfate), parabens, phthalates, and artificial dyes.
- Made from plant-based sustainable oils.
- Developed by a professional doctor
Lume Soap Reviews by Customers
“Several times with my old body wash I’d come out of the shower and still have an oder. The Lume body wash really helps with body oder and is definitely working for me. I have the unscented version. At times unscented products can have a smell that I just don’t like but this product’s ingredients are exactly as unscented should be. Will definitely be purchasing again. Actually already placed my new order.”
“I love this soap! It smells so refreshing and washes off clean. Tons of bubbles from the smallest application – I totally love it and will definitely buy it again. And I’ll be trying the other scents as well!“
Pink Peony Body Wash Review
The product is priced at $9.95, and one can avail themselves of it by placing an order. Now let us look at some of the key features of this product.
- Provides 3X hydration to your skin after 2 weeks of daily use
- Provides 2X moisture to your skin after a single use.
- Filled with AHA mandelic acid which nourishes the skin.
- Reduces Keratosis Pilaris or chicken skin on arms, legs, and butt.
Pink Peony Body Wash Reviews by Customers
“I absolutely LOVE the peony rose, and it’s my favorite scent! It smells amazing from the minute you put it on and lasts for such a long time!”
“This is the BEST deodorant I have ever used Since having breast cancer in 2018 I am on a routine medication that can cause night sweats. Thus causing odor &perspiration ,nightly thru early mornings. Since using Lume , I still have night sweats but without any oder. & feel fresher through the day.!”
Lume Wipes Review
Wipes are necessary during the summer. This wipe is priced at $7.99, and one can avail themselves of it by placing an order from their website. Now let us look at some of the key features of this product.
- Has a refreshing cotton scent
- Free from parabens, aluminum, and baking soda
- Convenient to use, portable, biodegradable, and compostable
- Made up of the same active ingredients that are used in Lume deodorants.
Lume Wipes Reviews by Customers
“These were nice for a refresher when not able to shower.”
“Great product developed by OBGYN I’ll continue to use”
Lume Laundry Review
Lume Biofilm Buster works wonders on clothes. One can grab this product for $15.99 by placing an order on their website.
Let us look at some of the key features of this product.
- Works great on tough odor stains and permalink.
- Helps detergent to work more effectively
- Not recommended for silk and woolen clothes.
- Safe for cotton and synthetic fibers.
- Filled with benefits of Biofilm Busting Enzymes.
Lume Laundry Reviews by Customers
“I just used mine for the first load of laundry done since it arrived and I’m in love!! This is amazing at taking out odors you just don’t realize are hiding in the fabrics. No more stale laundry smell for our household. “
“Of all of the things I have tried over the years to tame the pit stink, NOTHING even came close until I tried Biofilm Buster for pretreating laundry. It made such a difference that I thought maybe the sky had opened up and I could hear angelic singing!!! Wow!!”
What are the ingredients in Lume deodorant?
The ingredients used for making Lume deodorants are as follows:
1) Water– Water is primarily used as a solvent in cosmetics and personal care products in which it dissolves many of the ingredients that impart skin benefits
2) Mandelic Acid– it’s an effective antibacterial that is gentle to the skin and won’t disrupt the acid mantle
3) Maranta Arundinacea Root Powder- It absorbs moisture and keeps you fresh without harming your metabolism
4) Tapioca starch– It helps to absorb wetness on top of the skin and minimize the wetness feel without stopping your natural sweating process
5) Isoamyl Laurate Behenyl Alcohol– Isoamyl laurate has emollient properties, helping to condition skin when used in personal care products, and also has applications as a waxy, peach-like fragrance and flavoring ingredient
6) Hydrogenated Castor Oil- It works with the other oils and waxes in the antiperspirant base to give the stick a firm but spreadable consistency
7) Caprylic/capric triglyceride: ide- Caprylic/capric triglyceride forms a barrier on the skin’s surface, which aids in the reduction of skin dryness by reducing moisture loss. Its oily texture helps to thicken and provides a slipperiness, which helps make our lotions and natural strength deodorants easy to apply and leaves a non-greasy after-touch
8) Naturally derived fragrances and essential oils for antiseptic effects and sanitation
9) PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer: It’s used as an additive in various cosmetic products around the globe.
10) Potassium Hydroxide: a highly alkaline ingredient (also known as lye) used in small amounts to modulate the pH of a product.
11) Glyceryl Stearate: Glyceryl Stearate acts as a lubricant on the skin’s surface, which gives the skin a soft and smooth appearance.
12) Stearyl Alcohol– it helps to emulsify the active ingredient and fragrance into the wax base
13) Dimethicone– It allows products to be applied in a smooth fashion to the skin and fills in wrinkles and lines for an even, smooth appearance of the product
14) Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice: It is a great moisturizer, is anti-bacterial, and has many anti-inflammatory properties, making it a potent ingredient for healing wounds, reducing any signs of sunburn, and helping dehydrated skin lock in moisture.
15) Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter temporarily protects injured or exposed skin from harmful or annoying stimuli and may provide relief to the skin.
16) Tocopherol (Vitamin E) – It serves as an antioxidant for the product and for its skin conditioning properties.
17) Allantoin– It works to hydrate the skin. It also contains panthenol, which is a vitamin that may help smooth skin.
18) Stearic Acid- They may be used as emulsifiers (agents used to combine ingredients), or as a thickener or a cleansing agent
20) Cetyl Alcohol– They help create smoother creams, thicker lotions, and more stable foam products.
21) Lauryl Alcohol– Lauryl Alcohol Ethoxylate works extremely well as a foaming agent in personal care products
22) Myristyl Alcohol– functions as a thickener, emulsion stabilizer, and emollient
23) Lecithin– Lecithin and Hydrogenated Lecithin enhance the appearance of dry or damaged skin by reducing flaking and restoring suppleness
24) Pentylene Glycol– used as a solvent and preservative
25) Phenylpropanol-A naturally occurring floral component with a delicate scent that can mask the odour of other raw materials but is not noticeable in the final product
26) Sodium Benzoates– it acts as a corrosion inhibitor, fragrance ingredient, and preservative
27) Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate.-Tetrasodium glutamate diacetate is a safe synthetic chelating agent with natural origins
28) Behenyl Alcohol-As an opacifying agent, behenyl alcohol is used to reduce the clear or the transparent appearance of cosmetic products.
29) Triglyceride -Emollients form a protective layer on the skin, locking in moisture to prevent the skin from drying out.
30)Caffeine– As an antioxidant, it may decrease the production of reactive oxygen species and free radicals as well as damage from ultraviolet radiation
How is Lume different from other deodorants on the market?
“Unlike most of the deodorant companies that are available in the market today, Lume provides its customers with 100% natural products.” In other words, their products can be used by people with very sensitive skin.
Also, their products can be used on any part of the body. Lume is hypoallergenic, so it makes its products without using ingredients that irritate the skin.
It doesn’t change the skin’s healthy pH balance, either. In addition to being baking soda-free and free of aluminum, Lume does not contain propylene glycol, parabens, artificial fragrances, or dyes.
How does Lume compare to Schmidt’s and Native’s?
Lume has more of a buttery texture feeling, whereas Schmidt has more of a chalky feeling to it, but it doesn’t feel chalky over the underarm; it feels chalky only when it’s in the jar. Native has a rough texture, almost gritty. The comparison between the 3 is given in the table below-
Stick & Tube
Price per stick
About 8% off
Subscription frequency option
1, 2, 3, or 4 months
Vegan, free of aluminum, parabens, and sulphates
Vegan, aluminum-free, cruelty-free, artificial fragrances, baking soda, baking soda, phthalates, sulphates, silicone, parabens & talc
Vegan, cruelty-free, aluminum-free, Maranta arundinacea (arrowroot) powder, Cocos Nucifera (coconut) oil, Butyrospermum parkin (shea butter), sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) etc.
The intended area of use
Safe for body
Return within 30 days for a full refund, including return & shipping
Return one opened stick or tube within 30 days to get a full refund, minus return shipping
100% return guarantee within 60 days of purchase.
While Lume is a pricier option, we love its dual purpose. In addition to working as your daily underarm deodorant, it can also help you manage odor all over.
If you’re running straight from the office to the gym, or perhaps from the gym to dinner with friends, you’re going to need odor protection everywhere, and Lume’s sensitive, skin-friendly formula has that to offer.
Plus, it can be an excellent companion to treatments for vaginal infections (just make sure to check with your doctor first). It’s our top pick as a healthier alternative to keep you smelling fresh all over.
How to order Lume Deodorant?
Who would deny having such wonderful products at good prices? Here are the steps to placing an order for your product:
- Visit their official website.
- Move to the shop section.
- Now select the category for which you are willing to have the product.
- Now select your product.
- Your selected product will be saved in your cart.
- Now after filling in the shipping details and completing the payment procedure confirm your order.
Lume Reviews By Customers
Read all Lume reviews given by the customers for a better understanding of brand.
I get tears of joy at how my confidence level is through the roof.
You name it, I’ve tried it. NOTHING WORKED. Lume works AMAZINGLY! I was shaking! I can use this ANYWHERE on my body. My armpits, my mother apron, under the girls, and don’t have to worry about irritation. LUME IS LEGIT!
Works great for me! Got unscented and I have zero odour even after a long, strenuous shift at work!
“I have super sensitive skin and spray on deodorants bother the areas I need order eliminated from. This product is the only one I’ve found that hasn’t irritated my skin and that’s actually worked! “
In my opinion, currently, Lume is one of the best natural deodorant brands on
3 the market, and if you are looking for a natural deodorant, you should definitely go for it! Its products are completely natural and clinically proven too.
Lume products can be used on different sorts of skin, even on the ones that are extremely sensitive. Although the products are a little expensive compared to the other natural deodorant brands, Lume is worth every penny.