Don’t hold your impurities like a million-dollar lottery; get rid of them and have a multi-million-dollar glowing, smooth face.
You would agree with me when I say lifestyle plays a big part in shaping your body; every activity you perform in a day has an impact on your body.
The amount of time you spend in front of the screen, the food you intake, the injurious bad habits like smoking or drinking you indulge in, and the amount of sleep you give your body to relax from all the exertion.
All of this impacts your body, but this is not the only thing.
The impurities in the air and the sun are deleterious; every second of your day, these two natural, impossible-to-avoid phenomena are deteriorating your health level.
Skin is the outer covering of our body that fights all the unhealthy impacts on our body and communicates the problem to us as symptoms.
This means the skin takes on the burden of our entire body’s problems, and that is the reason why your skin is prone to wrinkles, acne, dark spots, pigmentation, etc.
And to cure all this, leaning on chemicals would be a temporary solution.
To make your skin healthy and heal it completely, you need natural remedies.
A proper skincare routine that you follow religiously But first, let’s understand what “natural skincare” means.
What Is Natural Skincare?
To cure your skin from all the outside damage, when you employ natural elements like plants, soil, fruits, herbs, essential oils, etc., it is called natural skincare.
Instead of opting for synthetic chemical compounds to provide all the nutrition your skin requires to be healthy, you choose to provide natural supplements to cover the nutrient deficit. This is natural skincare.
Benefits Of Natural And Healthy Skincare
There are thousands of reasons why one should choose natural skincare products instead of chemically produced ones; some of the benefits are listed below for you.
- Long-lasting: The benefits provided by natural and healthy skincare products last longer.
- Affordable: The products are much more affordable than those manufactured through synthetic chemical formation.
- Health: Natural products are way healthier than chemical ones; they are directly extracted from nature and have no unwanted side effects.
- Side effects: Natural products have no side effects, unlike chemical-equated ones. They have a good chance of having unwanted reactions.
- Application: There is a tenure set for you to apply the chemical ones, but the products made from natural elements do not have a certain period for your consumption. You can use them in any pattern you like for the best results.
- Skin-friendly: The products made from natural elements are skin-friendly, which means even users with sensitive skin can use them without worrying about causing severe issues to their skin.
Know Your Skin Type
We understand how important and beneficial the use of natural products is, but how do we understand what our skin requires? What is our skin type to begin with?
Do not fret; it is not as tough to understand your skin type as you think. You can do it yourself at home.
Just by following a few simple steps:
- Step 1: Take a small amount of the facewash you are currently using and wash your face gently with room temperature water.
- Step 2: Tap dry your face gently with a towel and wait for 30 minutes.
- Step 3 is time to analyze.
- After 30 minutes, if your skin feels a little tight and flaky, you have dry skin.
- If you can see your skin shining a bit, you have oily skin.
- If the T-area of your skin, that is, your forehead, and perpendicular to that, your nose down to your chin, is the only area where you can see a little shine, you probably have a combination of both oily and dry skin.
- And lastly, if you feel your skin is hydrated and you feel comfortable, but there is no shine, you have normal skin.
You should always choose and buy products according to your skin type for the best results.
Types Of Skincare Products
You’re working like a champ, aren’t you? Well, here comes a little more help for you to understand what to use. Just like skin, there are also a variety of types of skincare products.
Yes, a cleanser is to clean your face. There are two types of cleansers: foaming and nonfoaming.
When a facewash, also known as a foaming cleanser, is needed to be washed off after use, it can sometimes be a little harsh on the skin.
On the other hand, a cleanser does not produce foam and therefore doesn’t need to be washed off; just wiping it with a clean towel or tissue does the job.
- Take a generous amount from your hand with a spatula.
- Massage it gently on your skin and wash it with tap water.
- Tap-dry your face, and you are good to go.
- use a cleanser early in the morning and before you go to bed.
Toners are used for balancing the PH of our skin after we have used the cleanser, which can is alkaline in nature. Our skin’s PH is brought back to its original level with toner.
Though this was the old use, today’s toners have gone through major development in recent years.
Now the toner not only settles the PH but also helps in bringing significant results to your skin by hydrating and soothing it so that the skin can get back the moisture and retain it.
- Use cotton to soak up your toner and wipe your face with it. If you have a Spray toner you can directly spray it on your face, avoiding the eye region.
- Reapply after 3–4 hours for freshness, and you are good to go.
The purpose of using a face serum is to protect, hydrate, and nourish your skin. It can enhance the progress of your skin and leave you with a glowing, smooth texture.
Serums are usually made with oil extracted from natural elements like plant roots, vitamins, etc. You must keep serums in your skincare routine.
- Serums should be applied daily.
- Squeeze the serum on your hands or directly on the area that needs to be applied.
- Rub it in with circular motions and let it stay.
- Apply every night before bed and early morning when you start the day.
Moisturizers hydrate and lock moisture in your skin. They also lock in nutrients like vitamins and minerals for your skin to heal. They are a barrier that protects your skin from environmental irritation and seals the skin.
- Serum should be applied religiously.
- Two times a day for best results. take a generous amount of the product in your hand and apply it in circular motions till it sets in your skin.
- You will be able to notice the changes instantly.
Eye cream, as the name suggests, treats the eye area on your face; it is focused on reducing wrinkles and bagginess under your eye. They also treat hyperpigmentation, known as dark circles.
- Apply the product around your eyes right before you go to sleep and notice amazing results.
- You can use this product maximum of two times a day only if you have hyperpigmented dark circles.
- Consulting a specialist before excess use is recommended.
Sunscreen is a must; believe it or not, half your problems will vanish if you keep proper sunblock on at all times of the day.
The sun might provide us with natural Vitamin D and be good for our health, but it negatively affects our skin. The UV rays cause a lot of damage, like skin rash, suntan, etc., and sunscreen is our best chance to block those rays and protect our skin.
So do not, in any case, leave your sunscreen behind.
You do not have to go to the beach to use sunscreen; apply it every day to your face.
Here is one of the most effective sunscreen recommendations:
- squeeze a generous amount on your fingers and apply it to your face.
- Move your fingers in a circular motion and let it sink in.
- Apply this right before you expose your skin to the sun and reapply every 2–3 hours for the best protection against the sun.
After a tiring day at work, you need sleep and food to process. Our skin needs a facemask.
Masks heal our skin and provide relaxation and nutrients that can give you the glow you’ve always desired.
- Take a generous amount and apply it all over your skin.
- leave it for minimum 30 minutes(the duration depends on the ingredients used in the mask)
- wash the mask off, and see surprising results.
How To Choose The Right Skincare Products
Choosing the right skin care product might be a little tough, even though you understand now what your skin type is. You are unsure of what your skin requires and what could be the best product you can consume for the best results.
Well, we’ve got your back! We have some instructions you can follow to have the right treatment in your hands.
- Firstly, do not copy what social media platforms tell you; watching a skincare reel and following steps might be the worst possible thing you could do to your skin.
- After analyzing your skin type, do some quick research on what the daily requirements of that particular type of skin are.
- When you know what your skin requires, look for the type of product you need to satisfy that particular requirement.
- When you are acquainted with the product, do research and look for the variety of brands available in the market.
- Look at the ingredients used in the product and make sure you are not allergic to any of them. Also, make sure the product ingredients suit your skin type.
- Lastly, before ordering, browse a little about what the present consumer feels about the product through review blogs and customer reviews present on the website.
- When you are satisfied with the reviews, only then should you purchase that product.
- If you are confused and unsure, consult with a skincare professional without hesitation.
Ingredients To Avoid In Skincare Products
Alcohol is not good for your skin, especially if you have dry skin. as alcohol can completely remove the moisture from your skin and irritate it.
It can cause flakiness, and the skin can peel off. And even worse, cause a burn on acne-prone skin if the alcohol is concentrated.
usually found in creams, lotions, and serums. with the name: ethanol, methanol, denatured alcohol, or ethyl alcohol
Oxybenzone is considered the most worrisome ingredient. They are chemical filters that, when absorbed by the skin, can cause hormonal imbalances and affect the nature and ph of your skin. It can also trigger allergies.
mainly found in sunscreen.
A synthetic compound that is used as a preservative in skin products; it may be cosmetic or skincare. It is added to increase the shelf life of the product and is capable of triggering allergies, cancer, fertility trouble, and hormonal disturbance.
It can be found in shampoo, cream, toothpaste, and some other skincare products.
Artificial fragrances can be irritating to some skin types; they can trigger allergies and even asthma.
usually found in cream, lotion, perfume, serum, etc.
Heavy metals like lead, mercury, etc. can be very unsettling for your skin.
especially when they can cause cancer, endocrine disorders, neurological disorders, etc.
It can usually be found in products that have a metallic sheen to them.
How Do I Start A Daily Skincare Routine?
Starting a daily skincare routine is all about motivation and dedication. Follow these quick and easy steps to get your skincare routine going.
Step 1. Plan out your whole day, from all the possible activities and outings to all the time you get to stay at home.
Step 2. Following the above procedure and with the information provided by us, select all the products you will use in your daily skincare routine.
Step 3. Stage those products according to what they offer and use them in a systematic order.
Step 4. Set an alarm or a specific time that is right after a task you do daily so that you can cultivate the routine into a habit. For example, right before going to bed, you will apply a facemask or eye cream. Right after you take a bath, you will apply a generous amount of sunscreen.
Step 5. For the first few days, dot down the procedure on a sticky note and paste it on your mirror or set a reminder. Soon, you will be accustomed to the daily skincare routine.
The Importance Of A Daily Skincare Routine
When you have the flu and the doctor prescribes medicine for you, you are to take that medicine for a long period of time.
The reason is that taking the medicine cannot heal the problem; the same goes for your skin. If you perform the skincare for a day or two and leave it, you are not giving your skin enough time to heal.
Hence, it is important for you to follow a skincare routine for a longer period of time and consistently to let your skin get used to the generous pampering.
You can get faster and more efficient results if you are diligent in performing your routine.
You have now understood how important skin care is, how to maintain it, the various types of skin, and the types of products one can use to heal that particular skin.
There are a few products mentioned that you should try after following the steps we mentioned for choosing the right product.
Now that you are aware of why maintaining a daily routine is important and how to maintain one, I would like to conclude this blog.